Business Transparency and Integrity
We pursue integrity, transparency, and fairness in every business relationship, whether with customers, suppliers, or public officials, in accordance with our ethical principles and in line with regulations and legal obligations.
Professionalism is one of the ethical principles of Cidade Center Norte. Therefore, it is very important to maintain a proper, professional and transparent conduct in negotiations and business relationships.
The values and practices of Cidade Center Norte reflect high ethical, safety and sustainability standards, seeking to ensure credibility and preserve the image of the company and its partners. Thus, it is up to us together, Cidade Center Norte, suppliers and service providers, to ensure that these behaviors are always fulfilled and respected.
It is important to have the assurance on the part of suppliers and service providers as to the quality and adequacy of processes to provide products or services, following safety and sustainability standards, as well as the contractual obligations established for each negotiation.
It is important that suppliers and service providers of Cidade Center Norte have their procedures and internal controls in place accurately detailed in their books and accounting records. This should always be done in accordance with good market practices and accounting standards. The practice aims to ensure that assets, liabilities, transactions and other activities with financial impact are recorded in detail to ensure the integrity of the business results.
Cidade Center Norte employees who are conducting a recruitment or hiring process must communicate with suppliers and service providers participating in the process about their commitment to always follow legal, ethical and moral standards in all relations.
When deemed necessary, any company that is part of the Cidade Center Norte may conduct audits, at its discretion, within ethical precepts and following the appropriate procedures.
Audits can be initiated by the collection of qualification forms from suppliers and service providers, followed by field audits, and also by audits carried out by contracted companies, upon prior notification.
When suppliers and service providers do not meet the expectations of this code of conduct, Cidade Center Norte can present solutions for the partners to comply with the guidelines. If the action plan for such compliance is refused by the partners, Grupo Baumgart together with Cidade Center Norte Management may terminate the contracts.
We seek to establish increasingly transparent business relationships, and for this we count on the commitment of suppliers and service providers. All market and competitor information must be obtained through transparent and honest practices.br />
All necessary hiring for supply or services must be executed by the contracted partner, without outsourcing the demand.
In case of Direct Billing, it is necessary to notify the Purchasing area, so that the information is added in the contractual draft. Any and all subcontracting can only occur with the approval of the contract manager.
• Attitudes that belittle the image of competitors or business partners.
• Promoting the abuse of economic power or oppressive business practices.
• Disclose confidential information.
No benefits may be received or offered between suppliers, service providers and Cidade Center Norte. Any gift or item offered should not influence any company decision making.
• Suppliers and service providers may only offer gifts with no commercial value, such as institutional office supplies or t-shirts. Consider as a reference the maximum value of BRL 100.00 (one hundred reais) for each item received.
• It is forbidden to offer trips or any type of entertainment (tickets to shows, theater, etc.) to any employee in order to influence business decisions with CCN.
This occurs when personal interests interfere in business decisions for the benefit of employees, suppliers, business partners and even clients. To avoid conflicts, we seek maximum transparency in the negotiation and contracting processes.
Suppliers and providers with degree of kinship on 1st of our employees (as well as spouse, brother-in-law, etc.) and / or companies in which employees of Cidade Center Norte have ownership interest may not be referred or hired to provide services.
• Contracting processes should not favor or privilege employees, suppliers, business partners or customers.
• It is common and important for the Procurement process the referral of a supplier by the business area, for having the technical knowledge – for the hiring to occur other factors are verified in the RFI and RFP. However, the employee who refers a supplier will not participate in the processes of selection and negotiation of new suppliers or partners.
• Purchasing and contracting decisions must follow the technical, transparent and objective criteria, following the laws and regulations in place.
• Any and all purchases must follow the Purchasing Policy of Cidade Center Norte.
Companies in which Cidade Center Norte employees have equity participation cannot be referred or hired to provide services.
Any practice of corruption or bribery will not be tolerated by Cidade Center Norte. Suppliers and service providers must not grant or receive gifts, courtesies or hospitalities or any undue payment or advantage. It is prohibited to offer or promise, request or suggest payments or grants of any commercial, contractual, regulatory or personal advantage.
The Companies of Cidade Center Norte do not practice acts of corruption and do not use third parties to do so.
It is strictly forbidden for any contracted employee, supplier or service provider to commit acts of corruption on behalf of the company.
• Using false documents to cover up illegal payments.
• Failing to record incoming or outgoing cash flows.
• Concealing information from auditors.
• Omitting transactions of any nature or using false data.
• Offering bribes to any professional with whom you do business.
Money Laundering is unacceptable. Besides being illegal, this practice seriously compromises the credibility and reputation of the organization. It consists of transforming resources of illegitimate origin to create the appearance of legality. When identifying suspicious situations of money laundering, it is important to report the event.
•According to irregular, overpriced financial agreements or performing services without an invoice, thereby condoning the irregularity.
•Carrying out or accepting unusual operations, with different values than expected, “from” or “to” places not common to the group.
•Performing transactions without detailed identification.